FBC is connecting members and partners to services and information of the Finnish embassy, the rest of Team Finland, business advisors, experts, service providers, Nordic co-operation including Nordic Innovation House connections and other national chambers.
Our services are divided into four main categories:
- Business advisory. As a FBC member you can get at your own request on free of charge- basis a team of 1-2 experts to share their knowledge and experience with you, which is relevant to your situation. Advisory topics can be for example related to:
- Singapore business development
- How to deal with the local authorities
- Operational issues
- Industry- specific knowledge (for example maritime, ICT, healthcare etc.)
- Market entry services. Market entry services are provided by FBC member consultants and other service providers. Typical content:
- Partner search
- Setting up a company
- Legal services
- Accounting services
- Recruiting services
- Digital marketing services
- “Welcome to Singapore” service
- Newcomers, individuals and companies alike, need basic services before and upon arrival and want to establish their life and business as fast and smoothly as possible.
- Applying for visa, work permit, driving license, for example, and looking for a place to stay, put kids to school, open a bank account, get insurance, sign up at a hospital, want to make new friends, etc. are basic needs and wants of newcomers.
- FBC office provides free mentoring service and act as a guide to smooth entry to Singapore for every new member who wants this service.
- Thematic events for members and partners
- FBC own events
- Events organized by any other chambers in Singapore – co hosted by FBC
- Member only info services – as a FBC Member you get the chance to access member only services.
Events, Networking & Visibility
- FBC goes to members. Whenever feasible FBC wants to connect services of any member to the rest of FBC network. For example we organize excursion trips to meet a member, “The Member of the Month” publicity at FBC website etc. Please follow-up FBC home pages and Facebook/LinkedIn on upcoming activities.
- Thematic events for members by FBC or other network partners. Please Follow-up FBC homepages, Facebook and weekly newsletters to get information on upcoming events.
- Publications, FBC homepages, Social Media feeds.
- Social events for members . For example ScandBizBar Please Follow-up FBC homepages and Facebook to get information on upcoming events.
FBC can assist you to connect to any relevant Team Finland service in Singapore, in the region or in Finland.
- Team Finland internationalisation test. https://oma.yrityssuomi.fi/kansainvalistymistesti. Are you ready for Singapore? Do have what it takes to succeed? You may carry out a self evaluation test before meeting a FBC representative.
- Market opportunities in Singapore . Singapore related Team Finland’s reports and identified sales and business opportunities can be found from Team Finland Market Opportunities site.
- Financing. Funding for internationalisation and business development
- Visibility. For example using embassy’s premises for company high level meetings
- Starting a Business in Singapore. Download a handbook.
Advocacy & Lobbying
FBC can assist you to connect to the work of our partner organizations who focus on advocacy work and lobbying on behalf of the foreign business community in Singapore.